The Brightest Color Of My Rainbow

We were two little girls
So close with thoughts
And so distant with dreams
Best friends to each other
Yet always determined
To have best friends of our own
We enhanced our lives
Through the other's differences
And never let go of similarities
For fear of breaking the bond we shared
Still the years gave to us each
Identities of our own
With which we fulfill
Even with the other's beliefs
And with the memories we both have
I want you to keep
As a special remembrance
That you are and always shall be
The brightest color of my rainbow

--To Karen on our 21st birthday
Love you, Kerri
3/3/89

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am definately coming back often. I really think your style is something I wish I could do myself. I tend to overthink my poems. Yours are refreshing and poinant. (not sure of my spelling here..but I know you know what I tried to spell...LOL)